- Profits remain local and are invested in the local community rather than in foreign countries or other states – this re-investment benefits surrounding local businesses and the community. Here are where some of our competitors are based.
Headquarters of competing building materials dealers:
West End Lumber
- Local businesses are more likely to support local charities, events, teams, churches and organizations; owners, managers and employees are integral to and contribute to the community because they are part of it. B & R Roofing Supply has been a locally owned, privately held company and part of the South Texas community since 1975. Local charities and organizations that the company and its owners support include:
- Promotions and income enhancement benefit local employees; management roles are filled by members of the community, managers aren’t brought in from other states or countries to lead the business
- Local businesses offer choices that chain or national companies don’t; they tailor their inventories and services to meet the specific needs of the local community which results in better service and quality to customers
- Local businesses tend to hire people with more skill and experience, expert at their trade and better able to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction